If you have the typical symptoms, please self isolate and follow government advice – do not come in for a test if you have clear symptoms of COVID-19 as you will put other people at risk by travelling to the clinic.
If you are very sick, get medical attention immediately
- Not everyone needs to be tested for COVID-19
- Most people have mild illness and are able to recover at home without medical care. They may not need to be tested
- There is no treatment specifically approved for people who have COVID-19
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, please follow the government advice on isolation. Do not come to the clinic for a test.
COVID-19 Anti Body or PCR test?
Antibody test lets you know if you have been previously exposed to Covid-19. Antibodies don’t show in the blood until 3-5 days after exposure but then may stay in the system for many months. This test would be a good test to take if you are planning to go back to work or visit an ‘At Risk’ relative. The cost of this test is £65, and the results are available in 15 minutes.
The PCR test (sometimes called Molecular test) shows if the virus is currently present in your body. This is the type of test required by most travel companies and airlines before you travel. Please check with your airline about how long before your travel you must have done the test. Your test samples will be sent to a validated, certified laboratory, and the results take up to 72 hours from acceptance at the lab. The cost of this test is £150, you will receive an email from the Laboratory with your test result certification. If needed, a 24-hour test is available, subject to slot location at the lab, costing £300.
Who should have a test?
- Companies who wish to start with key worker – have your key workers tested before opening up
- People who have been in exposure environment and want to know they are not carriers
- Frontline workers who want to make sure they are not contaminated
- Frontline workers who are in touch with the general public
- Food suppliers – both workers and people who provide delivery food and want to make sure they are not contaminating the public: chefs, supply drivers and other people who must deal with the general public
- Anyone else who feels they may be putting other people at risk
- Some countries may be asking for a test result before allowing entry
An antibody test can detect if a person has had coronavirus before and has since recovered. The test, carried out by a device that pricks your finger for blood, works this out by testing your blood for coronavirus antibodies to see if they have already beaten the virus and gained some immunity to it. It can do this in about 15 minutes. We have worked hard to source an approved supplier of this particular test with high accuracy. We have also secured the services of a certified laboratory for the PCR test.
Get Test Results
If you’ve taken a test at the La Perla COVID-19 Testing Site and included an email address when you scheduled your appointment, you will receive an email with your test result certificate.
Negative Test Instructions
Positive Test: Instructions
Schedule Your Appointment