If you have the typical symptoms, please self isolate and follow government advice – do not come in for a test if you have clear symptoms of COVID-19 as you will put other people at risk by travelling to the clinic.
If you are very sick, get medical attention immediately
- Not everyone needs to be tested for COVID-19
- Most people have mild illness and are able to recover at home without medical care. They may not need to be tested
- There is no treatment specifically approved for people who have COVID-19
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, please follow the government advice on isolation. Do not come to the clinic for a test.
Which COVID-19 test do I need?
Currently there are 3 types of test: PCR Test, Antigen Rapid Test and Antibody Rapid Test
The PCR test (sometimes called Molecular test, or RT-PCR Test or SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR Test) shows if the virus is currently present in your body. This is the type of test required by most travel companies and airlines before you travel. Please check with your airline about how long before your travel you must have done the test. Your test samples will be sent to a validated, UKAS Certified laboratory, and the results take up to 72 hours from acceptance at the lab. The cost of this test is £150 which includes the certificate, you will receive an email with your test result certification. If needed, a 24-hour test is available, subject to slot allocation by the lab, costing £300.
Antigen Rapid Test: COVID-19 rapid test identifies COVID-19 present in a swab sample and gives a qualitative yes/no result within 15 minutes. A swab is used to sample from both nose and throat (nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal sample) and introduced into the test cassette by suspension in a buffer solution. This test is currently not accepted by the airlines for travel purposes (this may change in the future) – but it is the ideal test for either going back to work, or if you have been in contact with a COVID-19 suspected patient and wish to know if you are a carrier. The cost of this test is £105.
SD BIOSENSORS – Some border agencies (possibly the Euro Tunnel) – now accept the SD Biosensors (Roche) Antigen test as a fit for travel test. We do have a limited supply of these tests, please specify that you require this type at the time of your booking.
Antibody Test lets you know if you have been previously exposed to Covid-19. Antibodies don’t show in the blood until 3-5 days after exposure but then may stay in the system for many months. This test would be a good test to take if you are planning to go back to work or visit an ‘At Risk’ relative. For this test, we need only a finger-prick blood sample, much like a blood glucose test. The cost of this test is £65, and the results are available in 15 minutes.
I need to travel and need a ‘Fit to fly’ certificate: The PCR Test (£150 or £300 for 24H result)
I need to know if ‘right now’ I have the virus: The Antigen Test (£105)
I need to know if I ‘had the virus’ sometime in the past (passed 3 months): The Antibody Test (£65)
NHS Staff: We are proud to offer a reduced cost service to NHS staff. Please just show your NHS ID at the test time to receive £30 OFF either of the above 3 tests.
Travel Package: PCR Test on the way out and Antigen test with ‘Test & Release’ certificate 5 days after your return and save £55. Total package is £200.
Who should have a test?
- Companies who wish to start with key worker – have your key workers tested before opening up
- People who have been in exposure environment and want to know they are not carriers
- Frontline workers who want to make sure they are not contaminated
- Frontline workers who are in touch with the general public
- Food suppliers – both workers and people who provide delivery food and want to make sure they are not contaminating the public: chefs, supply drivers and other people who must deal with the general public
- Anyone else who feels they may be putting other people at risk
- Some countries may be asking for a test result before allowing entry
We have worked hard to source an approved supplier of this particular tests with high accuracy. We have secured the services of a specialist Laboratory who are UKAS certified and registered on the “Government Approved List” laboratory for the PCR test.
Get Test Results
If you’ve taken a test at the La Perla COVID-19 Testing Site and included an email address when you scheduled your appointment, you will receive an email with your test result certificate.
Negative Test Instructions
Positive Test: Instructions
Schedule Your Appointment